Interested in custom ceramic tile?
Projects created by commission allow you and I to creatively collaborate on designing tile murals for anywhere in your home.
I can meet you at the studio or via Facebook or Facetime. Things that will help me help you are:
• Your ideas
• Your favorite colors, colors you hate
• Patterns or color combinations that you like
• Whether you’d like a pet included in the image
• Favorite flowers
• Things you collect like elephants or teapots
• What are your kids into
• Your budget
• Measurements of the area to be tiled
• Samples of the countertop material and cabinet colors
• Anything that visually describes the look, style or feeling you want
These items will give our conversation a starting point. We'll develop an idea with two ways to proceed:
1. I can do a scaled drawing for $300.00
2. You can trust me to do it directly on the tiles
Once the idea is agreed upon a 50% non-refundable deposit is required to begin. You'll have two opportunities to make changes to the drawing. I'll send you pictures of the glazing process and maybe even a fast art video of your project being completed. When fired, a finished image will be sent for approval. I'll receive your email telling me you love it. Then, I'll invoice the other 50% and any shipping fees.
Great care is taken to package your tiles. If anything arrives damaged, I'll replace it free of charge.
Tile projects are priced by the square foot.
• Field tiles (single color) are $100 per sq ft
• Hand-painted cuered seca tiles are $400 per sq ft
To calculate square footage:
Multiply the length x the width in inches
Divide by 144 = amount of square footage needed
Turn-around time is roughly eight weeks depending on size and complexity of order.
For installations over 20 sq ft, I recommend ordering 10% more tile than is needed; for smaller projects an additional 5% is recommended.
Each kiln load is unique. Humidity, temperature and clay conditions change from batch to batch. I recommend you order all you will ever need when initially purchasing.
Please contact me with questions using the form below. I'm here to help.